You may have heard of us. This Point Forward is a new non-profit organization that is dedicated to inspiring people to make the next phase of their life the best it can be. Especially with the challenges that we have all faced this last year with Covid-19 and its impact on our lives, health and economy, This Point Forward is offering very timely support to our community. Throughout 2021, we have been sponsoring several online workshops that can:
- Help folks discover their dependable strengths,
- Determine where they would like to go next
- Receive retirement coaching,
- Learn to use new communication tools,
- Estimate their future health care costs and learn how to deal with them,
- Deal with the emotional impacts we all experience as we go through changes,
- Receive practical advice on finding a job,
- Learn about achieving equity in health care, and
- Finding out more about volunteerism and how to be an effective volunteer.
Who We Are
I’m Bill Gray, Board President, and our Executive Directors and Board members are experienced professionals from government and private industry that can bring their knowledge and experience to helping you on your journey. They have all been leaders in Howard County in a variety of non-profits and community organizations.
We’d love to get to know you and to introduce ourselves. We are having a Happy Hour Get Together at the Periodic Table Restaurant (8808 Centre Park Drive) on April 22 from 4:00 – 6:00pm. It’s just an informal celebration of our first year together and we invite all who are interested to join us. Cost is $35 for one signature cocktail, created especially for This Point Forward, and an individual trio appetizer plate. Curbside pickup will be available if you would prefer to celebrate from home. We will host a Trivia Contest with gift cards as prizes and Periodic Table staff will provide an in-person demonstration on the making of the signature cocktail. We hope to see you there!